Sunday, November 17, 2013



I know I told you all I took a class with Missing Pet Partnership this summer.. I learned so much and started sharing some of it and then realized I hadn't shared everything I learned and today wanted to share this..

For some reason the past few days lots have been asking me, "Do you think someone has Maddox?" I have always said No because I know him. I know how skittish he is BUT then there is a huge part of me that has been hoping & praying he will reach out to someone to help him.. I hope & pray he will find someone that maybe looks like me that he trusts and let them help him.. I pray he is sleeping in a warm bed and not having to search for his own food. Especially with winter coming again, I don't want him to be out there in the cold... BUT I do also worry sometimes that someone will gain his trust and assume his fearful behavior is because he's been abused and that freaks me out...

If you read about lost dogs, you will read things like "Due to their cowering behavior, people assume lost dogs were abused, making them reluctant to give them back to the owner." Even if someone gained his trust, once they saw his behavior, I worry they won't care about this page, or how long I've looked and how much I've cried, they'll just assume I abused him and will refuse to say anything. In my class there was a story that someone had found a lost dog and they had a sign they drove by every single day but NEVER called because they thought the baby was abandoned or abused.. That scares me to death! Because all I want is my baby back!! I miss him more than anything in this world and not a day goes by that tears do not fall.. He is my heart, my soul, my everything and I am so lost without him! ='''(((

I just have to keep telling myself that if an animal lover took the time to gain his trust, if they see my posts and his website, they will know, no matter how he acts and no matter how beautiful and perfect he is, they will know his mommy & daddy want him back more than anything and will do anything to make it happen.

Below is a link to interesting info from MPP.. Please share!!

They have a campaign to "Think Lost, not Stray" because the biggest reason why missing pets are not reunited to their families is because people don't think Lost, they thing Stray which I admit I have been guilty of myself but being in my shoes now.. I always think LOST not STRAY because I know my baby is probably dirty, probably skinny, probably not looking like himself.. I just pray someone will take him to get scanned if they do find him and help him find his Mommy!

I know when he ran away on Christmas Eve, he was looking for me.. And I KNOW when he sees me again he will remember me.. We have that special bond that nothing will ever break.. When I came home from work every day, somehow he always knew my car, he knew my footsteps, or he just knew my smell but he always cried and jumped up and down and sprinted towards me.. I KNOW when he sees me agian that is what he will do so I just hope if someone finds him they give me that chance to prove our special bond.. ='''(((

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/recovery-thinklost.php

No comments:

Post a Comment