Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Factor #1 that influences the distance a lost dog travels


As I told you I wanted to share some of the things I learned from the MPP MARS training class.. This is one of the biggest things that has made me realize when Maddox Miniature Pinscher Lost in Okc first went missing, we made such a big mistake..

Maddox went missing around 6:30pm, we got the call at 9ish, we were in Dallas and got back about 11/12ish so Maddox had been missing for about 5 hours at this point.. We swore he was close to the house he ran from, we swore he was just hiding somewhere close by.. So we searched there all night and pretty much for the first week or so.. :((((

BUT Maddox is both Aloof & Xenophobic so we know now that he ran as fast as he could out of there and was not in the neighborhood by the time we got there.. It makes me so sick that we were looking in the completely wrong area for so long.. We expanded our search after we started getting calls and Karin and Cade confirmed Maddox was several miles away but he had traveled so far in such a few hours! And he is so fast!!! :(((

I also worry that now that Maddox has been missing for several months, people won't call because he might look "abused".. I pray that is not what is happening.. I pray when he does decide to trust a stranger they will call me immediately or atleast take him to get scanned.. Yes Maddox is Micro-chipped and Yes he had 3 tags when he went missing so if he still has his collar, they have my info!

I just heard stories in my class that were concerning.. Someone had found a baby and they immediately assumed he was "abused" because he was covered in ticks and his nails were long and he was dirty.. Well Maddox has been roaming for awhile now so I know he is dirty and might look rough but I just hope & pray they will still call! =''(((

I asked Brandon last night.. "Do you think Maddox will ever make it home?" He said 'Yes.. I think someday he is going to just go up to someone. " ;)

Praying that day is soon! I love him and miss hm more than anything in this world!! ='''(((

No comments:

Post a Comment