Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Fostering SAVES Lives!!!


So today I want make a plea to all of Team Maddox to consider Fostering!!! Fostering SAVES LIVES and I want to share my story.. If I can do it during one of the most difficult times of my entire life searching for my lost baby boy.. So can all of you!! 

Since I have been searching for my sweet baby boy Maddox I have stumbled into this crazy rescue world.. And the biggest thing that I have stumped into is SO MANY Min Pins and other babies at the shelters in Oklahoma, Cali & all over the county.. It breaks my heart.. =''((

Because of our "Maddox" shelter checks every other day I find out about pretty much any Min Pin that steps foot in the OKC shelter and smaller shelters in the area.. Since I have been back in Cali, perhaps because I can't save from the street, I continue to beg and plea for someone to save any Min Pin from the shelters in OK because I can't stand the thought of them being at that scarey place.. I was lucky to have made some good connections in the OK rescue world, so we have been able to save several babies.. Mustang, Jack, Bella/Billie, Jett, Faith, several puppies including some rare blue ones that I fell in love with, etc, etc.. BUT do you know what the common issue is and the common thing every rescue tells me.. "find me a foster and I will save them", "all my fosters are full, I wish I could save them", etc, etc..

Also the same exact thing is happening in Cali.. I have been lucky enough to make connections out here with a few rescues all from Maddox!:)) Cali is a whole another story.. Cali has SEVERAL rescues.. All are very high kill, all are way over-crowed, Cali has different rules to save babies from shelters, etc, etc but the EXACT SAME problem exists.. LACK OF FOSTERS!

To SAVE A LIFE, they have to have SOMEWHERE TO GO! And so that is why so many babies suffer and don't get out of the shelter.. ='''(((

Meet Roxie.. (aka Sylvia)..She was my very first foster baby-girl. I LOVE her with all my heart and she will forever have a place in my heart.. I stepped up because she had been at the shelter for a month after her family dumped her there. Someone amazing wanted to adopt her in Washington DC.. And all they needed was a foster.. When I realized she was in Cali, I told them I will do it if it is temporary and if there is no-one else. Well I know now with all my heart it was meant to be and God sent her to me.. It was such an amazing experience for me and for her.. Yes it was SO HARD to let her go but seeing how happy she is with her East Coast Mommy and seeing how spoiled she is now.. That melts my heart.. I hear she is quite the flirt and loves all the boys at her new house! LOL So yes I get updates on how she is doing often.. 

I am have always been the one that says I can't do it because will get too attached or I live in an apartment.. Well I am the first to admit, I do get very attached.. I fall in love within hours.. I even fell in love with my transport Harley and he was only at my house for a few hours.. But I am and will forever be Roxie's West Coast Mommy!! ;)) And I love my other 2 fosters too! I will share pics of them also soon! So PLEASE CONSIDER IT & OPEN YOUR HEARTS & SAVE SOME LIVES!

I personally know Rescues that need fosters in Oklahoma, California, Washington, and all over the country.. So please if interested please check out these rescues & help them save more lives!!

Oklahoma City: Dogs As Family, Inc. OK Yorkie Rescue

LA & OC & Seattle Area: Little PAWS 4 Rescue

National Min Pin: "IMPS" http://www.minpinrescue.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment