Monday, September 23, 2013

MAR Class with Missing Pet Partnership (MPP)


This summer I decided to take a MAR class with Missing Pet Partnership (MPP) to learn more about lost pets to help with our search for my sweet baby Maddox.. I learned so much from the MAR course and highly recommend it to others!! It is such a fun and great class with so much valuable info!http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/petdetective-training.php

Some of the class I actually already learned since Maddox went missing but I admit when he first went missing I knew absolutely nothing and was clueless!!! I was one of those that saw lost pet signs and said to myself "How do you lose your baby?".. I am one that is so over-protective.. Maddox is always on a leash. Never off leash.. He is always with me.. I rarely leave him and then the one time I did look what happened.. I have always been a worry wart and now I know why.. Anyways, I have luckily been guided to doing things better and have been lucky enough to have very amazing people help me so now I am doing things correctly now.. In beginning, we SO MANY things wrong!!! :((((

I am going to start sharing some of the things I learned from the MPP page because I believe everyone should be aware of what to do because you never know when your worst nightmare comes true like me... You never think it will happen to you but even the most protective Mommy.. It happened to but when he was WITHOUT me. And 95% of the time it is when they are NOT with you! (guessing on that % but know it high like that)

One of the biggest & most important things is.. POSTERS!!

OMG.. If you saw our original poster you would laugh and be so disappointed.. But honestly when your pet goes missing you have no idea and we googled a LOST PET template and we used the first one that came up! It is terrible. I wish people couldn't even put such bad ones out there for people to use.. When you are not sleeping and just franticly running around and a basket case you don't have time to think straight let alone research about missing posters.. We luckily were guided to make better posters within a week or so BUT it kills me to think of our posters that people probably never noticed and the time we wasted putting those up.

I have been lucky enough to have such amazing people that love me and love Maddox. And most of them I just met or have never met.. I don't know what it is but people say "Jackie you just have it" I don't know what that means.. But I guess it is because I pour my heart out.. I have always been so crazy in love with Maddox and that Mommy that has photos of him everywhere, talk about him non-stop, wont' go anywhere without him, etc, etc.. This all sucks so bad but I do feel everything happens for a reason.. I have new amazing friends and have met so many amazing people as part of this journey that I know I would of never met without this terrible event.. Such Serendipity..

Please keep praying for Maddox and definitely check out Missing Pet Partnership's FB page and website! They are amazing and have so much info on their website.. :))

http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/index.php

https://www.facebook.com/missingpetpartnership?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment