Monday, September 30, 2013

Factor #2 that influences the distance a lost dog travels


Last week I shared the first factor that influences the distance a lost dog travels, Temperament which when a dog is xenophobic & aloof like Maddox it causes them to travel further.. Well the second factor Circumstances also impacted Maddox to travel further.. Something caused him to run in a state of panic... I don't know what scared him so much and it hurts my heart.. Those that don't know what happened.. He was with a petsitter (a family friend) and she had a doggy door that goes into the garage.. She went to church and while she was gone he went through the doggy door and into the garage like a normal dog would.. When she came home she opened the garage not thinking he would be in there waiting.. Well he was and when she pulled in, he ran off because he was scared and he wanted his Mommy.. She chased him around the corner and lost sight of him so went back to get her car and never saw him again.

A neighbor saw him a few doors down right when he got out but she thought he was "playing" because he was running around in the yard.. I know he was just running around because he was scared & had no idea where he was.. I know he was looking for me! =''((( I know he would of never ran if I was there!

I cry so much thinking how scared he was and how I wasn't there when he was looking for me.. It hurts my heart more than I can express in words.. All I want is to make it up to him and love on him and hug him and give him kisses and spoil him rotten and promise him I will NEVER EVER leave him at a place where he felt the need to run for his life.. It makes me so sad.. I hate that I agreed to leave him there.. I had such a bad feeling!!! I hate that I didn't listen to my gut.. I never leave him anywhere but I was told he will be fine.. Well he wasn't fine.. I even told her to not let him off a leash and watch him because he is an escape artist.. It so is not fair!! I sound angry saying this and I am.. I won't lie.. It is not fair this happened to Maddox... He does not deserve to be scared and alone! He does not deserve this.. I just want him home safe so I can protect him!! He is the love of my life.. My soul-mate.. My beautiful & perfect baby boy.. He is my best friend.. I love this little guy more than life itself.. I can't help it.. Spending every day for the past 8 years together gave us this bond that I can't even describe... He can look at me and I know what he is saying.. He makes me smile.. He makes me laugh.. Now all I do is cry.. =''(((

More info at http://www.missingpetpartnership.org/recovery-lostdog.php

No comments:

Post a Comment