Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Maddox's Birthday Party in OKC!




Yesterday was a very tough day BUT I wanted to thank everyone so much for what you did for my sweet baby boy yesterday for his birthday!!! I have been a mess but am utterly speechless by the amazing surprise of the big party that was planned by everyone in OKC and how so many people around the country participated in celebrating my sweet baby boy’s special day!! It is one of the most special things anyone has ever done for me and Maddox and my family and I am so touched.. beyond words..

I took the day off because knew I would be a mess and admit I woke up and couldn't stop crying.. I kept telling Brandon it doesn't seem right to celebrate when he isn't here and how can I celebrate without him.. But my heart knew I had to do something special for him.. Brandon and I decided to join in the festivities and launch purple balloons from Cali.. from his home.. We told him to follow the balloons and prayed that God will guide them where they need to go.. We joined Oklahoma city via Facetime and launched ours at the exact same time.. Bliss was with us and helped.. I also decided to get cupcakes for Bliss, Brandon & I since we didn't' have cake.. ;))

After we launched balloons we walked home and had our cupcakes.. And then I wanted you all to know that something else amazing happened.. Oklahoma City sent me pictures of a Rainbow! It appeared right after they launched the balloons.. I know it is a sign from God and I even looked up the meaning which is pasted below!! ;))

Also several other Team Maddox members around the country started a prayer circle on FB and several people were all online together on FB chat.. They were all praying together.. And several others across the country also released some purple balloons.. It was like we were all together.. It brought so many tears to my eyes.. It is AMAZING to see that so many Team Maddox people from all over the country come together all for my sweet little boy Maddox.... Even though some were not there in person.. It was amazing to see that everyone took time around 6:30pm central time to get together & pray & launch balloons & light candles.. I believe the stars are aligning!

Thanks everyone for sticking with me through this journey and celebrating my sweet little boy’s birthday.. I wish he was here but I hope he feels all the LOVE and will finally come home!! Your support means the world to me and wish I could give you all BIG HUGS! And I can’t wait for the real party when we are all celebrating Maddox finally coming home! I know some Cali people are planning a beach party and I know Oklahoma will have a big party too!

BTW we have alot of pictures from yesterday so I will be sharing a few the next few days.. Today sharing the amazing Team Maddox party in Oklahoma City! Everyone in Oklahoma is amazing and I feel so special to have all them in my life and these are the people that do the most work for Maddox! They are out there monitoring feeding stations & cameras, checking sightings, posting flyers, checking shelter, etc, etc.. They deserve to be recognized and are truly one of a kind !! Love you all!

Spiritual Meaning of a Rainbow..
“The very first rainbow was put into the sky as a promise from God that he would never again flood the entire earth. He made this promise to Noah after the Great Flood. This is the physical meaning of a rainbow. Yet, a rainbow has a very spiritual meaning also. Its beauty makes an enormous statement to people. A rainbows beauty simply says that even after the roughest storm things will get better. Beauty will appear in a person's life again. This is the spiritual meaning. God brings storms into everyone's lives. Even Christians have to suffer at times. There is absolutely no where in the Bible that God says we will never have to face trials and tribulations. You see, these trials and tribulations are God's tests to see if we will count on Him or ourselves. Once we have learned to depend on Him through everything, then we will always see a rainbow when the storm is over. Rainbows come in all colors, shapes, and sizes just exactly like our troubles. We can one day have very petty or no troubles at all. The next day we can have troubles the size of the Pacific Ocean. Guess what, keep holding God's hand, let Him be your guide, let Him handle the situation, and let Him take complete control. Keep looking to the sky and you will soon find the most beautiful rainbow ever created. So you see, rainbows are not just colors in the sky they are promises for your heart. God always puts the most rainbows into the lives with the most storms.”
— with Jackie Robben Vestal and Maddox Vestal.

No comments:

Post a Comment