Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Day 216:


PLEASE SHARE! MADDOX WANTS TO SAVE MORE LIVES!!

As some of you are aware since my sweet baby Maddox went missing, I have sort of stumbled into this crazy rescue world.. While searching for Maddox, I found several other min pins and have even started saving them from kill shelters and even started networking them to get a rescue save them ... One of the most common things that has been so frustrating when it comes to saving lives, is the lack of fosters! I will be the first to admit that I always said "I can't foster because I will get too attached".. Or "I don't have room", etc, etc.. BUT while in Oklahoma City when I found Sam.. I technically fostered him for a week and I seriously did fall in love and got really attached and when it was time to take him to the rescue I cried all day.. It broke my heart but I knew it was what was best for HIM! I wanted him to be happy and have a great life and I knew I couldn't give that to him.. I don't know where he is these days and I do think of him daily.. I pray he is happy and with a loving home and being spoiled rotten like he deserves!!! He has put a paw print on my heart forever..

And then I came back to Cali.. I have started helping to network babies from all the very high-kill shelters out here.. In Cali, all the shelters are very over-crowded and it breaks my heart.. I started networking them and then I learned that people pledge money to help rescues save them since it is very expensive out here.. And the common thing is we need a foster! One little girl.. Somehow grabbed my attention.. I was watching her feed and couldn't comment since I am in FB jail and they had a new forevever home, hundreds of pledges, but all they needed was a temporary foster.. At first I thought she was in AZ but hten realized she was in Cali.. I private messaged them and said if you can't find anyone else I can temp foster.. It seemed to be life or death situation and I couldn't sit back and let this poor girl get PTS just because she didn't hav ea temporary foster... Well now I am fostering little Sylvia.. She is very sweet and loving and just wants to be loved.. It broke my heart because her family dropped her off at the shelter on her 12th birthday!!!! But now she is safe and happy and being spoiled!! She will be going to her forever home in Washington DC and that makes me so happy!! I admit I will be sad when she leaves and I will miss her but I know I did the right thing and stepped up to foster when nobody else would..

So PLEASE PLEASE CONSIDER IT!! Fostering really does SAVE LIVES!! I promise you.. You won't REGRET IT!! Fostering doesn't cost you, the foster mom anything .. the rescue pays for any expenses!! You can always try once and then if it isn't for you, then you don't have to do it anymore.. But atleast you tried and saved a life!!!

And you will make a difference in their lives and it will be good for you too.. It has been for me. I love her and she has been good company and she has taught me alot.. She has taught me that fostering is good and saves lives. She has taught me how to share my attention and love with 2 different babies.. And I think she has taught Bliss to share.. Well sort of.. LOL I think it has been good for all of us so we will be ready when Maddox is home.. ;)) Maddox has inspired me to do this and I do this for him.. I do everything for him..

I have rescue connections in Oklahoma and California that all need fosters!! I have friends with rescues that are breed specific and some that take a little bit of everything so if you are interested and want to consider helping to save lives.. Please private message me with your contact info and what type of dog you would want to foster and I will put you in touch with the rescues that I strongly support and want to help them to have more fosters so they can help more babies!!! And right now we are desperately needing fosters to save 8 MIN PIN Puppies and their Mommy in OKC & SEVERAL other MIN PINS at shelters in Cali... ='''((

No comments:

Post a Comment