Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 191:



Maddox hopes everyone had a good holiday.. In regards to sightings of Maddox... Unfortunately we did not get that one call we had hoped & prayed for last night of our sweet baby boy running around or seeking safety at someones porch.. Admit I was getting my hopes up my dreams were going to come true on the holiday.. =''((( But then again it was dark when fireworks were going off so we are not surprised since we all know Maddox is smart & seems to have it figured out to keep himself safe.. We are assuming he was hunkered down hiding from all the scarey noise.. =''((

We do hope & pray he went back to his "safe" place where he has been sighted & scent confirmed a few times now.. So keep praying my stubborn baby boy comes out of hiding soon so we can lure & trap him and bring him home to Cali where he belongs! We are never giving up on him and guess this journey is not ending yet.. =''(((

On a different note..

Meet Jett… The newest baby saved by Maddox!

You may have seen him posted on Maddox’s wall by many who thought he was Maddox in the OKC shelter. I even got calls and texts from people hoping it was him. Although thinner, I thought this might be the call I’d been praying for. Team Maddox went to check, but it wasn’t him. I swear he could be Maddox’s twin brother though & can’t explain it but know he was brought into our life for a reason and he was another one God wanted Maddox to save..

I posted him in rescue groups hoping to save him. A few days later, I was told he was going to be put down, since no one claimed him and he was “growly” and “snippy”. =”((( This is something I’ve been so afraid of for Maddox. I know he will be snippy too at a shelter and I worry if he ever ends up at one, they might not even put him online to be saved … and if they didn’t scan him, well, I just worry. I can’t explain it but this little guy melted my heart and reminds me so much of my sweet baby boy. I was terrified and frantic thinking they might put him to sleep.. So, I started posting him everywhere and fast as I could. Because of my pleas, a rescue in Okc, Dogs As Family, saved him. They said he was full of kisses when they took him out of the shelter! They saw he was hurt (no WONDER he was "snippy"), so he went straight to the vet.

Jett needs help … a lot of help. =”((( Poor baby has been through A LOT.. He has three broken legs.. Yes 3!! The vet said he may have been hit by a car or could have even been in the tornado. The injuries are about 6 weeks old. He has already had one surgery to repair his left hip and start skin grafts on his right rear leg and they cleaned out some of the terrible infection in his leg. Yes, he sat 3 days in the shelter in pain and getting sicker. ="((( BUT, the vet said he is very strong and said Jett will one day be jetting around! But before that can happen he has to have more surgeries and it’s going to end up costing about $2,000.00.

If you can help GREAT!! As much as anything, I hope you will share this. Share for prayers, donations, or just love & thoughts for this little guy that has been through so much but now has a second chance at life!! I want to get the word out, since this baby was thought to be Maddox & could be his brother … like the ones in the past that were able to get into rescue or back to their home.. We feel strongly all have been brought to us for a reason & want these precious babies to be happy & be okay!! Jett needs our PRAYERS for a speedy recovery!!

This amazing rescue is local and I know rescues all over Oklahoma have had so many hardships with homeless babies. I just want to give them a Maddox paw-up! Dogs As Family is a non-profit and gifts are tax deductible.

**Make sure to Note Donation is for Jett.. With 2 T's! ;))

Donations can be made on the Dogs as Family FB by clicking “Donate Now” button at top of their page. But, if you're on phone/mobile device through FB app, you won't see a donate button. Only if on safari or other browsers : www.facebook.com/pages/Dogs-As-Family-Inc/149817121734669

Or by Mail: Dogs As Family P.O. Box 13457 Oklahoma City, OK 73113

Or directly via Paypal: dogsasfamily@hotmail.com

Website: www.dogsasfamily.com/

(Donation link on right margin of website is being fixed right now so it may not work)

No comments:

Post a Comment