Sunday, July 14, 2013

Maddox's Little Sister, Bliss!


I guess you know by now there’s very little I don’t tell you … but I did keep this from a lot of people. I decided to take Bliss home with me when I left OKC in April. I didn't want to say anything at first, because somehow, I felt like if I said I brought her home, maybe some would doubt me and think I was not only giving up, but replacing Maddox, too. Which I could never do!! But the longer I waited, the harder it’s been to say anything especially since there are so many babies that need homes & I realize that all of you that have been following my story for awhile know that Maddox can not be replaced nor will I ever give up on him!!! EVER! He is the love of my life!! Anyways here she is!! Maddox’s little sister.. Bliss!!

Bliss was the first to really teach me about a panicked dog and how to approach them. See, if you weren't on the page back in January, you might not know, Bliss was my first real “I think I see your dog” call. On January 21st, I got the call right before sun went down, so it was dark when I got there. I left socks and food and woke up WAY before sunrise and went back to wait for the sun to rise.. I fell asleep in my car it was so early. As soon as the sun rose I walked everywhere and finally, behind a shed, there she was! She let me come up to her and feed her snacks, but when I tried to grab her, she bit me and ran. For the next 6-8 hours, I followed her and kept an eye on her. I called a friend in rescue and she came right away with a trap and this little girl went right in it, but she was too small to set off the lever!! But, finally, she got tired and we slipped a leash on her and she went to rescue and was fostered by someone until Maddox could meet her and decide. That was my plan for him to decide so we could all come home together but clearly this isn't all my plan & it is all God's plan..

When I found her I told Brandon.. I swear she was brought to me for a reason.. I can't explain it but I was attached immediately and Brandon would not stop talking about her and he never met her!! I could not commit because I wanted Maddox to meet her and choose! But as time wore on and it came time for me leave, I knew, clearly it is God's plan and not mine. So, Brandon and I decided to bring her home with us to California, make her Maddox's little sister and make her an LA Diva.. She is a Daddy's girl and is very opposite of Maddox.. Maddox is a Mommy's boy, so I know they will make a great team! I know that she will help comfort Maddox when he comes home and he will never left alone again.. EVER!

Bliss has really helped me smile again and laugh again.. She is a very goofy little girl & even does handstands & cartwheels to pee! LOL The rescue called her "Heavenly Bliss" because she is such a sweet-heart we believe she was definitely an angel sent from Heaven.. Like others I know she was brought into our lives for a reason.. She is anxiously waiting for her brother to come home and to meet him! I tell her everyday to tell him to come home if she can send some Doggy vibes out there & I think she is listening! So Maddox's whole family is anxiously waiting for him to come home!

This entire year has been the most difficult time of my life and I just want people to know I will never ever give up on finding the love of my life.. Maddox is my everything.. He is such a special baby boy and will NEVER be replaced!! Everything we do is for him!! We were given another blessing and that is Bliss.. But that just means our family has gotten bigger! We all miss Maddox more than anything and just want him home!!! We LOVE you Maddox!! Mommy, Daddy & your little sister Bliss <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment