Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day 163:


Faithful Dog and Faithful Parents.. Coming back to reality has forced me to tell Maddox's story to so many people including doctors, dentists, co-workers, friends, strangers, neighbors, etc.. and it seems not everyone understands and everyone has their opinion.. But it is simple to me...

Maddox is the LOVE of MY LIFE and he has been so LOYAL to me and has been there for me every single hour of every day for the past 7 years.. He would greet me at the door everyday with whimpers & crying & kisses & lots of excitement.. No-one else ever greets me like that.. When I was sad after losing my Mom.. He licked the tears from my face & snuggled with me and comforted me all day & all night.. No-one else does that.. He would get mad at something but would get over it in a few seconds.. So yes I am lost without my baby and yes Maddox being lost has consumed my life but that is because he has always consumed my life..

I admit I live every second of every day for him!! I get it from my Mom & Dad. They lived every second of every day for Me & My sister and so I guess my Mom & Dad taught me to do anything for my baby! And that is why I will NEVER EVER EVER give up on him or NEVER EVER STOP Looking for him because he would never give up on me and my Mom & Dad did not raise me that way... I am so much like my Mom and I hope she is proud of me.. She always told me I am too nice and I need to stand up for myself.. Well this has taught me to not only be strong, but to stand up for what I believe& for those that I love no matter what people think..

Anyways I wanted you all to know that we are still getting sighting calls still coming in. And as usual, sometimes there are weeks in between ... But this is normal and I have experienced this since the beginning. .. Some sightings are ruled out and some not. The ones not ruled out have still been in the area confirmed by Karin but the area is still about a mile or so radius. There are even sightings that we can't rule out because he runs off the moment people make eye contact ... or even raise their hand to take a picture. .... "if you've ever read much about a skittish dog that has been lost for quite some time, this is exactly the way they are said to act ... so base on behavior and on description, that's why I feel sure it's him." And yes, there are those who call his name and chase him and then call the hotline. And as upsetting as it may be, people just don’t understand that even just walking one step in the direction of a skittish dog sends them into a panic...

So yes it is taking forever to find my sweet baby but if anything we have stepped up our game. We have ordered hundreds of new flyers and put them up again all over Edmond & NW OKC.. We have sent out mailings this week of postcards. We are going door to door back in the area where he went missing & other neighborhoods.. We have been tackling a list of notifying all small towns in Oklahoma.. We are messaging all newspapers in Oklahoma.. And have been faxing Vets and Shelters all over Oklahoma. And are even trying to do some flashmobs to get attention from celebrities.. So even though it seems like all of Oklahoma knows about Maddox, there are still people in their own world that do not know about him but we are working as hard as we can to reach them any way we can..

So thanks everyone for the continued prayers & support! We are going to find Maddox and we are going to bring him home! We will NEVER EVER give up on him and I can't wait until the day he is home again with his Mommy! There are no words to describe how much I love and miss him!! =''(((

No comments:

Post a Comment