Saturday, June 8, 2013

Day 165:


When I created this page, it was to tell the world Maddox was missing and to be on the lookout. Now, it’s not only that, but it’s a place where family, Team Maddox, keeps me going … inspires and believes in me … where family asks how they can help. While I never intended for it to be a way to get donations, many here ask me about it. And I’m not good at asking for money. I finally came home to California to my job knowing if I was going to be able to continue the search, I had be able to pay for it. But I often have those who ask how they can help. I am grateful … and I feel bad about answering the cost questions ...then I feel bad because I don’t answer. The Mary Kay fundraiser and ebay auctions are different. I know you're buying something... maybe something you’d be buying anyway.

And I’m continually reminded I shouldn't feel bad about answering a question of cost if someone wants to help. I'm also reminded I have enough things to feel bad about these days that this shouldn’t be one. I know if you want to give –you will. And whether you can or can't, you pray, hope, cry, share … and together, we’ll get my baby home.

The most important part of this page is spreading awareness and about knowing people believe and sharing that belief with others. This page is about sharing Maddox and it’s about everyone knowing he needs to be home.

We did just print new posters and do a large postcard mailing. Some have asked if the storms ruined posters .. and the answer is yes, and we had them reprinted. So, here’s the cost of the latest printing and postage, but I didn’t include the cost of mailing lists. Mailing lists tend to be expensive and this isn't about asking for you to pay for everything. Actually, it isn’t about asking at all ... it’s about answering a question I’m often asked when I say there’s been a mailing or printing.

$650 for postcards & postage prices (no labor. That was free!!)
$700 for laminated posters

Paypal link: http://bringmaddoxhome.com/Donations.html

Thanks to everyone who shares or comments or bids on an auction, who donates or places a Mary Kay order this month, or flashmobbing … thanks for everything. More than anything, for just being here. :-)))

Here's the Mary Kay link for those wondering
www.facebook.com/events/455909221170091/
.. I've also pinned it to the top of the page).

No comments:

Post a Comment